Are you setting goals and dreams big dreams this Wednesday?
Pastor Rick Warren has some amazing advice to help guide your Pursuit og God’s best!
“You will never realize God’s dream for your life until you come to the stage of decision-making and step out in faith.
Whether it’s about your career, marriage, finances, health, or children, there is a simple, workable plan for making biblical decisions that will keep you on track toward pursuing God’s dream for your life.
1. Pray for guidance. Before you do anything else, get God’s perspective on the issue. “A man is a fool to trust himself! But those who use God’s wisdom are safe” (Proverbs 28:26 TLB).
2. Get the facts. There is no contradiction between faith and fact. Find out everything you can before you make a decision. Proverbs 13:16 says, “All who are prudent act with knowledge” (NIV).
3. Ask for advice. Talk to somebody who’s made a similar decision and friends who know your weaknesses. “The more good advice you get, the more likely you are to win” (Proverbs 24:6b GNT).
4. Calculate the cost. Every decision has a price tag; it will cost you time, money, energy, reputation, talents, and resources. Proverbs 20:25 says, “It is a trap to dedicate something rashly and only later to consider one’s vows” (NIV). When people pressure you to make a decision, it’s OK to say, “I’ll get back to you.” It’s more important to make a wise decision than a quick decision.
5. Prepare for problems. In faith, expect the best. Expect God to work in your life. But also prepare for the problems that are part of every decision. Solomon said in Proverbs 22:3, “A prudent man foresees the difficulties ahead and prepares for them; the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences” (TLB).
6. Face your fears. Perfectionism paralyzes potential. God has always used imperfect people in imperfect situations to get his will done. Ecclesiastes 11:4 says, “If you wait for perfect conditions, you will never get anything done.” You have to trust God and start moving in spite of your problems, fears, and doubts.”
If one of your Big Dreams includes buying and or selling a home, in or around Kansas City, Missouri, I would love to be your team-mate and partner through the process!
Text, call, or email me today! Also, feel free to check out available homes on my website!
ReeceNichols – Kansas City North
Reference: God’s Dream for Your Life: A 19-Day Devotional by Rick Warren